A) What Information Will We Hold?
• Information you give us. When filling in forms on our websites or in store, corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or letter, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website or entering a competition, promotion or survey, you may give us information such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and/or photographs.
• Information we collect about you. Each time you visit one of our websites (even if you do not register with us), we may automatically collect technical information about you such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, the country and telephone code where your computer is located and information about your visit, including products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors and length of visits to certain pages.
• Information we receive from other sources. We may also receive information about you from third parties who work closely with us including, for example, business partners, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, search information providers and credit reference agencies.
B) How Will We Use That Information?
Any personal information which we hold is held in accordance with the registration we have with the Information Commissioner’s Office. We only use your information for the following purposes:
• To assist in the processing of your order / to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (e.g. packing and delivering of orders, forwarding of orders, order fulfilment, processing credit/debit card transactions, fraud prevention, registering warranties). It may be necessary to provide your information to external companies to allow them to assist us in processing your order e.g. by providing these services for us. The companies concerned are not permitted to use the information supplied by us for any other purpose.
• To enable us to provide you with marketing and customer services. Where you have agreed to be contacted for marketing purposes, we can tell you about new products or services that we think will be of interest to you, or sort out any queries that you may have about using our products, services or websites. We may provide your information to external companies to allow them to assist us in our providing such marketing and customer services to you.
• To provide an improved service and ensure that content from our websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. This information allows us to update and improve the contents of our websites and to administer our site for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and as part of our efforts to keep our websites safe and secure.
• By tracking customers’ movements around our websites, the results of customers’ preferences and their use of the sites are analysed en masse. Where they have agreed to be contacted for marketing purposes, certain groups of people may be sent further information about products and services based on that analysis. You have a right not to receive this information and can opt out as set out below. In addition, this information helps us to understand more about the kinds of people who benefit most from using our websites. We think it’s important to understand our customers well enough to keep improving our service for them.
C) Where Do We Store This Information?
D) What Are My Rights?
When you register on our website or through a competition or other option you will be asked to confirm whether or not you wish to receive information about our promotions and special offers. Additionally, you may be asked if you are happy to be contacted by us for research purposes and / or if you are happy to be contacted by other reputable companies with related offers. We will never disclose your information to anyone outside of the Evolution Island group unless you give us permission to do so. If at any time you no longer wish to receive information from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your information please write to us. Please note that there may be a charge of £10 for this service, as permitted under the Act.
1. To allow you to carry information across pages of our websites and avoid having to re-enter information when you return to one of our sites;
2. To measure our website traffic and analyse how our websites work. This will allow us to make changes to our websites in the future and make them easier to use;
3. To deliver more relevant advertisements on other websites by showing you products you might be interested in based on your most recent visit to one of our sites; and
4. To deliver more relevant email marketing by presenting you with products you might be interested in based on your most recent visit to one of our sites.